Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bangkok

Got in to Bangkok last night, and the warm weather was a pleasant change. The taxi from the airport tried to rip me off by not turnign on the meter; luckily I read my lonely planet on the plane and was prepared to only pay the fair price (about 300-350 baht). Did my day in Thailand today by myself, which I must say was really refreshing. The freedom and not having to worry about other people at all is quite liberating.

Visited all the touristy spots today: Grand palace, jade buddha, Wat Arun, Wat Po, Amulet Market. I think my favorite was Wat Po and the jade buddha. Impression of Thailand so far: people are nice and helpful, but at the same time there are a lot of people trying to rip you off as well. Thailand is really cheap, my lunch today was 90 including beers (less than 3 US dollars). I'm pretty beat sitting in this internet Cafe on my way back to my hotel. Meeting up with Noah in Cambodia tomorrow... I'm really excited for Angor Wat and Diving in Koh Tao. Pictures later...

(from top: Chaow Praya River Express, Jade Buddha Temple, Temple in reflection, Wat Pho)

No comments: